- I did yoga yoga for the first time in awhile last night. I am always shocked at the random places that are sore the next day when I actually take the time to do it right. I'm a big fan of the 15 minute sessions at night and/or in the morning- which let's face it- don't do a whole lot. I also discovered the yoga pandora station which is SO much better than the background music choices on my Yoga HD app. (Also good for relaxing baths and/or at-home spa days!)
- My mom flew home yesterday from a trip that took her through San Antonio and she surprised me with two tacos from my favorite place in high school, Las Palapas. I'm sure it's at least 80% nostalgia that makes them taste so delicious, but I don't care- I scarfed them down. She is a flight attendant which is extremely handy from time to time.
- Did any of y'all see the Rhianna performance on SNL the weekend before last? I was horrified. I just heard that song in my car and had flashbacks to her shamelessly slutty performance. Although I have a hard time even referring to that train wreck as a performance. She just wiggled around provocatively and called attention to her lady bits for five minutes. I'm getting old, obviously, but is that really necessary? When that's ALL there is to your routine, maybe you should refrain from "dancing" and just stand there and sing instead- it would be less distracting.
- I just got home from the CBS Upfront media event and it made me want to move to New York. I get the urge about once a year so this is not unusual. The event in Dallas was at Winspear Opera House and they had the live feed from Carnegie Hall in NYC piped in for us locally. How much cooler would it have been to have been actually sitting in Carnegie Hall for the event? I have such a love/hate relationship with Dallas sometimes.
- My parents are going to the south of France in August and I am SO jealous. It's been almost a year and I've got the itch, bad. I have been listening to Coffee Break French podcasts in my car and it is not helping matters. I have a feeling I'm going to be stalking the airline websites for the next few weeks.
I hope everyone is having a good week. For some reason this has felt like the longest week ever, so I'm extremely excited that the end is in sight.