Oh yeah, and this:
I stubbed my toe by trying to open a door with too much in my hands. I cracked a good quarter of my toenail off. It is both disgusting and painful.
BUT, we're on the homestretch! Only a few boxes remain and I officially have cable and internet up and running. I took a little break on Wednesday night when Alex and I took the boys to see Citizen Cope! It's been on my list of concerts for a while now, so I was so excited to finally see him live. I found myself being "that girl" screaming SIDEWAYS!! at the top of my lungs in an attempt to coerce him to play my favorite song during the encore (he did).
Speaking of Alex, I am sad to not be her roomie any more but very excited for her to move on to the next chapter in her life. My mom and I figured out that aside from my family, she ties my college roommate, Cassie, for the longest I've lived with someone. That's no small feat- trust me. I'm fairly certain my messiness is only redeemed by the fact that I cook.
We had a lot of fun, a few fights, and countless funny stories along the way.
Al, thanks for putting up with me for four whole years. You were my one and only post-college roommate and a very important part of me putting myself back together after my engagement. You were an amazing sous chef- I'm seriously going to have to work on this "clean as you go" business. You were my go-to when the need for adventure would strike. You were the source of much amusement, including but not limited to:
- The time our power went out and we spent one bazillion dollars at Target buying useless crap to entertain ourselves, including that damn Partini game we never played.
- The late-night Rock Band parties. Ohhh, the late-night Rock Band parties....
- The time we went through my entire costume box and tried on damn near every combination of costumes I own.
- "Yay for cheeeeeese!!!"
- Carving pumpkins and building gingerbread houses.
- The time I came home after you hosted Leslie's bachelorette party and anything and everything remotely phallic shaped in my room was covered with condoms.
- Our grocery store adventures- getting so excited whenever we found Oh's cereal, and buying totally random groceries we didn't need (like Glogg).
- The silly gifts that just proved how well we know each other (i.e. my mopping slippers and your happy man.)
- The time we were going to move to New York City.
- "Excuse me, do you have heart shaped pizzas today?"
- Decorating the phallic bachelorette beer bong (like what I did there?) with a hot glue gun and rhinestones to make it less offensive looking.
- The time I woke up thinking you were really excited that it was Saturday and were laying in bed yelling "wahooooo" to yourself only to realize the White Rock marathon was going on right outside our door and people were cheering on the runners.
So much fun!
Our housewarming party in the townhouse.
Blowing up balloons for a birthday party = stuffing balloons into bras. Yes, we're 12.
We put on all-black and pantyhose over our heads to go steal Baxter from my parents when he was still a puppy. We scared the crap out of my dad, but we thought we were really funny.
She coerced me into having a dance-off with Shakira.
One of our many road trips to the LBK.
Dress up! And why yes, that IS a Team Aniston shirt.
Her favorite part of the JT concert.
I freeze leftover wine to use later in recipes. One boozy night we ran out of wine so we attempted to microwave my ice cubes. Bad idea. Trust me.
Our glitzy stockings- one of the many Target purchases over the years.
Mexico Part II. Ahhh, to be young again.
Rememeber icing? I got her several times on a roadtrip to Tech.
Pirate Party during football season.
Tao in Vegas.
I mustache you to remove your finger from the camera lens.
Headed to San Diego.
One of my personal favorites.
Partners in crime. Literally. She stole that champagne.
Tonight...... WE JOUST!
Does this bowtie make my neck look fat?
Arm wrestling D shortly after we met him on St. Patty's day.
It's official... the end of an era has come to pass!